Fund literature and Promotional campaign
WHO THEY ARE
Our client's marketing team and their output have traditionally targeted institutional investors, who make up the bulk of their client base. Our client's portfolio was launched in June 2015 for a team hired from Barings. While the team's profile in the institutional space has enabled them to raise assets, the fund had less success in the UK wholesale market.
SCOPE OF WORK
In order to build their profile and drive sales, the sales team needed a distinct creative campaign and a consistent suite of fund marketing materials to deliever cut-through in an increasingly competitive arena.
White Marble were brough in to apply their knowledge of the UK wholesale market and relevant marketing and communications channels for promoting funds to UK advisers.
There were five key phases to the project:
- The development of a communications schedule for the campaign period within the client's stipulated budget
- The articulation of the fund's key messaging and positioning
- The engagement of a creative agency to develop a new creative scheme for an advertising campaign
- The application of these core messages and creative look and feel to all content, collateral and campaign assets
- The management and delivery of all elements of the communication schedule
White Marble worked with internal stakeholders to define the fund's key selling point and demonstrate them for the retail (wholesale) audience. The agreed attributes of the fund to feature as key differentiators in this competitive sector were:
- Conviction - the ability to express investment ideas in the portfolio with genuine long-only conviction
- Flexibility – the ability to move between asset classes without restraint – to focus on key investment ideas without limitation of portfolio and risk parameters
- Simplicity - making sense of the complex and investing in a way that is comprehensible to investors, rather than the opaque nature of derivatives and other financial instruments.
The direct simplicity of the fund, its portfolio and the managers’ decision-making prompted the selection of a campaign creative focus on simple, everyday objects. Use of the Client's new colour pallet, combined with an emphasis on high quality photography and production, gave the campaign the right balance of the brand feel and a real sense of standout amongst prevailing fund advertising.
Fund Literature: White Marble drafted a new 8 page brochure for the fund, highlighting its objectives, the managers’ experience in multi asset investing, their clear and simple approach to investing, and their history. These key attributes were also distilled into a two page “sales aid”. As well as key collateral for the sales team, these documents – housed on the fund’s microsite – also provided essential click-through material for the campaign’s online advertising.
Advertising campaign: full page print adverts across Investment Adviser, New Model Adviser and Financial Adviser, billboard and half page digital campaigns across New Model Adviser, FT Adviser, Money Marketing and Trustnet, plus Hosted articles, sponsored emails and supplements in Citywire and Financial Adviser.
The Fund’s website: Redesigned the site to fit with the creative scheme of the advertising and campaign collateral, appointed a new web host and developer for the site and separated the site into two parallel versions, one for UK advisers (consistent with the campaign), one for institutional investors
Other campaign collateral: Pull up banners, Email header and signature, Online and hosted email banners Campaign folder Animated video introduction.